Life from the viewpoint of a young girl.

Warning: Topics vary a lot.

Desktop users: Use the tag cloud on the right for easy navigation.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Great Year With Monstercat...and My Pick For Best Track Of the Year!



This year on March 25th, I found for the first time the EDM label Monstercat, not knowing what a journey it would take me on. As I slowly grew into more and more of a fan, I have been absolutely mindblown by not only the awesome music Monstercat has to offer, but the out-of-this-world dedication of each and every member of the family and the feeling of community between the artists, fans, and the Monstercat team. Monstercat isn't just a label. In the podcast director's words, it's where strangers become friends and friends become family. To me it's where we all come together, set apart from everyone else, and we can all be on the same page with each other because of this connected love for EDM and the beauty and passion of music and life that we all feel as one. I'm extremely proud of how far we've come together, and I know that we wouldn't be who we are today without each and every member of this family. I'm extremely privileged to be a part of it myself. As 2014 comes to a close and 2015 approaches, it's time to not only embrace something new and look forward to what a great year we're going to have in 2015, but embrace our memories and look back on how far we've come this year.
There have been so many amazing tracks released this year on Monstercat, and I could go on and on about how amazing each one is...but in the end, my personal favorite undoubtedly has to be Snowblind by the incredibly talented Au5, featuring chilling vocals by Tasha Baxter. This song really stands out to me in 2014 because of the beautiful lyrics, gorgeous effects and the feel they give, Tasha's breathtaking voice, SWEET heavy dubstep climax, story told by the melody and chords, tempo and the way it works with the rest of the song, theming and visual inspiration, the way you can feel how much work Au5 put into it, and pretty much everything else...including the passion and charm I felt when I first fell in love with Snowblind at the beginning of September that is still going strong today. And the way it all comes together is more than amazing. To me, Snowblind is overall just on another level of beauty, something that will pull you in from the start. Enjoy!

- Darling Daughter <3 12.26.2014="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment