Life from the viewpoint of a young girl.

Warning: Topics vary a lot.

Desktop users: Use the tag cloud on the right for easy navigation.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

TobyMeow Part 1 & Song of the Week 10/6/13

I can’t wait to show you all my latest drawing!!!
But if I’m going to show you that, I have to tell you the history of TobyMeow. And if I’m going to tell you the history of TobyMeow, I have to start with Sunshine. If it hadn’t been for that Lowes commercial and K-LOVE, this whole thing wouldn’t have even happened.
So, back in spring sometime, this Lowes commercial came on TV, and the song really stood out to me. So I looked it up. The song was “I Make My Own Sunshine” by Alyssa Bonagura. I decided to get it on iTunes. Then, I thought, to make it even more fun, I would pick out a couple plush animals who could sing it. I picked out Zahra the Lil’ Kinz leopard and Sunshine the yellow bunny (Sunshine isn’t a Webkinz but Zahra is).
 
Since then, Zahra and Sunshine have named their band “Sunshine” and gotten 5 more songs to do. Their drummer is April, my Webkinz rabbit, and their DJ and background vocalist is Sneaker, my Webkinz tiger, who is Zahra’s husband.
One of the other songs they picked out was Jamie Grace’s hit song “Hold Me” (which I wouldn’t have discovered without K-LOVE). Sneaker, of course, did TobyMac’s background vocals for Hold Me, and that’s how he discovered his talent for TobyMac songs. Then I started hearing song after song by TobyMac and I soon decided he was my favorite singer. I figured we had to have a Webkinz version, and right away I knew it had to be Sneaker. Here’s a picture of Sneaker:
 
I still don’t remember how I came up with “TobyMeow”. I never remember such things.
So, after I picked out Sneaker (Zahra was SO excited), we proceeded to pick out everybody else.
From left to right:
Sophia the Persian cat – Piano
Buddy the Border collie – DJ
Zany the Black Panther – Background vocals
Sneaker the tiger, aka TobyMeow – Lead singer
Sunflower the yellow bunny (not a Webkinz) – Guitar
Midnight the black cat – Guitar & Background vocals
April the rabbit – Drums (April is also the drummer for Sunshine)

Most of these pets weren’t involved in any music stuff before this, even though they have great talents, so they’re really excited!
And after a little while of getting more “serious” pictures, everybody wanted to do silly ones, and I had no choice but to give in to their desperate pleads. LOL
…and ever since then, Sunflower (the yellow bunny) has gotten all his pictures done standing on his head, unless it really inconveniences me.
TobyMeow is still fairly new, so they’re still figuring out all of the TobyMac songs they are going to do covers for and getting those separated into albums. But they’ve already done their first music video, City on Our Knees! (I wish I could post it on here but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet.) We timed the video just right with the sunset and it sure turned out better than we thought, considering that my iPad was running out of battery and I had to recharge it a bit every 5-10 minutes! Here’s what it looked like at the end:


So, now that I’ve told you about TobyMeow and Sunshine, here’s the drawing!!!

Yes, I did draw that.
You can’t see all the shading since I just scanned it in, but anyway…
Sophia and Sunflower are not in the drawing, Sophia because Sardina is playing the piano instead, and Sunflower because…well…I forgot. J
Here’s TobyMeow with it:
Zahra really REALLY REALLY wanted to be in the picture, so we put her in, too. Juliet and Sardina are also in the picture since they are featured in the song they are performing in the drawing.
Oh, by the way, here’s that song! It’s “Unstoppable” by TobyMac (featuring Blanca from Group 1 Crew), from Toby’s latest album Eye On It.
This will be our song of the week.
I hope you all enjoyed this nice long post! I’m going to post more about Sneaker later today so hang around…


No comments:

Post a Comment