Life from the viewpoint of a young girl.

Warning: Topics vary a lot.

Desktop users: Use the tag cloud on the right for easy navigation.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Awesome Bible Passage - 11/20/16

     Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. My mom posted my article about voting on her Facebook, and in one day I got as many pageviews as I normally get in a month, which made me feel vulnerable and unnerved. I did give full consent to my mom to post it, so I'm not complaining, actually I am really grateful for the support I got on the post. It's just that I didn't think it through; this is supposed to be my quiet safe place and I'm only coming back here when it feels right.
     But I do want to share a passage from the Bible I heard in church this morning that I really love. It's so clear and well structured, and the words give so much hope to Christians. Reading over it makes me feel triumphant. Being a writer, I love some of the descriptive language used in the Bible, and this is just beautiful.
"I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: 'Death has been swallowed up in victory.'
'Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?'
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
     -1 Corinthians 15:50-58

     I'm thankful that I personally have victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. It gives me peace and lets me know that everything is worth it in the end because one day I will inherit the kingdom of God...not as flesh and blood, but with my soul which has been brought into the marvelous light. I'm grateful that God had the mercy and grace to save me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment