Life from the viewpoint of a young girl.

Warning: Topics vary a lot.

Desktop users: Use the tag cloud on the right for easy navigation.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Song of the Week 11/6/16

     I'm going to make this short because a lot of deep things happened this evening and I don't want to dampen the atmosphere. But this is a remix I found yesterday and I want to share it here. I've listened to it twice and it's very catchy because I remember a lot of it in my head. A few quick words on the sound; I love how the future house synth melody counters the beat rhythm in the climax, and that's something you'll find in a lot of future house but I love it. It makes me feel like I've known the song for a long time because that sound is so familiar to me, and yet at the same time, because of that, the atmosphere is absolutely stunning. I love the way the verses flow into the drops as well, especially with the delay put on the 2nd drop.
     I've been a fan of Capital Kings for a while and they're still one of my favorite groups. I have a lot of respect for anything they produce and love the way they're trying out so many subgenres as they grow into better EDM producers, so I'm excited for anything they put out. There's not a single song of theirs that I dislike. I knew future house would be coming from them because they seemed really into it lately and Cole actually saw Oliver Heldens live a few months back which is insanely cool. But I'm so glad I finally get to hear them trying this sound, and it seems like they're natural at everything they try. It blows me away. This is their remix of 'Love With Your Life' by Hollyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment